Friday, November 10, 2006

Pop Up Videos

Do you remember Pop Up Videos on VH1? I always loved watching them. They told you everything you never wanted to know about music videos. They always told the techniques on how videos were made, information about the band or artists, and the song. I could watch those segements for hours! I was just watching country music videos with my roommates and i started thinking about how no station really shows constant music videos unless it is after hours. The GAC channel shows them non-stop. We started talking about how on TRL they would have those dumb shout-outs at the bottom like "I wanna give a shout-out 2 ma grlz from chi-town. Represent. I <3 U BOO!" Those were so annoying, yet i always wanted my "shout-out" to make it on during the N'sync video. Regardless, I really miss the days when pop up videos were on. If you go onto YouTube and search for "pop up videos" you will get a decent selection.

Here is The Clash "Rock the Casbah":
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-HWytf8rJdI&mode=related&search=

If you go on YouTube you can also watch Dave Matthews, The Cranberries, etc.

No comments: