Friday, November 03, 2006

I saw "Family Guy" when it was "Family Gu"

This week I was lucky to see the advanced screening of the “Family Guy” season premier…second premier? Not sure what it is, besides the episode on Nov 12th.
Now I won’t spoil anything about the show so you can keep reading, but the copy I got was a close-to, but no-quite finished version.
All the animation and dialogue was in place, but there was no sound track, nor sound effects in the episode. It was very weird.
“Family Guy” wasn’t the same. I realized how much “Family Guy” realizes on sound for their brand name, and how much there jokes need some sound track. I really wish I could share the episode with you all, but I am already risking getting sued by talking about it.
I’ve seen rough-cuts and partially done animations before, but this was so close to done I wonder why Fox would even send it out. Seriously the flaws of the show were exemplified by the lacking sound track. Should a company be so concerned with getting a news clip that they will sacrifice their show?
I saw this version of “Family Guy” that was locked in the attic, and forgot about for year. It was some demented evil twin, which could easily confuse anyone. All in all I am eager to see the finish version on the November 12th, so I can actually get all the jokes.

No comments: