Sunday, February 04, 2007

[adult swim] v. boston

Let's just start by I am a huge fan of the [adult swim]. I understand in every way what was meant by the guerrilla marketing campagin that will be discussed below. I apologize on behalf of the people who do not have the privilege of knowing what a moonite really is. I do not have the privilege of paying a cable bill, so I do not get to watch the late night television programming as much as I would like to. Anyway, I was watching Nightline on Thursday night and there was a picture of a character from Aqau Teen Hunger Force. Not really paying attention in the first place I became intreged. As it turns out, a creature called a mooninte has become the lastest
threat to American safety. Apparently, light displays, as shown on the right, triggered multiple calls to the Boston Police Department about bomb scares. These threats were taking very seriously. Highways, bridges, and the entire down town of a major American city were shut down by a middle-finger raising moon creature, pictureed on the right. It shows the times that we live in, media can even be the evil that is out to get the country. Our advertising tactics have become so agressive that we do not even know how to interpret them as media and nothing more. Even though this gurrellia marketing campagin has two men facing felony counts and possible jail time, they took a step further into getting the message about their show. In my opinion, this also an example of a of what once was a subculture now coming to the stand of popular culture. What is your opinion on this issue? How should we hand this independent advertising group doing this marketing campagin that got out of control? Should they be punished? They didn't call in a bomb threat or even tell people the light displays were bombs. I thought the media was protected under that thing that we call the First Amendment. Well, I will state my final opinion on this. People will go to great lenghts to get an idea to stick. We will remember the name of Turner Broadcasting System and the entity of [adult swim] that they hold. Would you go to this great of length to get your name out into the general public?

kari-

P.S. I apologize to anyone who may have been offened by the images or context of this blog.


No comments: