Friday, February 23, 2007

Grey's Anatomy + Damien Rice

Well, I, like most everyone else who is addicted to Grey's Anatomy, was glued to my television tonight at 8 pm for the ending to the 3 part chaos. It was not what I was expecting. Why would they kill off the main character to teach her a lesson and them have her come back to life at the end of the show? You knew that they couldn't kill her off. The show is called Grey's Anatomy. Without Meredith it would just be 's Anatomy. I get the that now she feels some self worth and I am guessing she wont be a gosh darn emo kid anymore. In the end though, I was disappointed. I wanted mid season drama to take me on more an adventure. I was like eh, look they are still doctors who are in love with each other and they save lives. I am getting bored. Nothing is happening! Even a ferry boat accident can't get me excited anymore. Hmmm. . .The one thing that did catch my eye, or should I say ear, (ha!) tonight was the music. When they left Meredith to either live or die (vary dramatic and the climax of the show) they played a song by Damien Rice called Sleep Don't Weep. I was so excited to hear this song! I bought this song, along with the rest of the "9" album back in November. The thing that surprised me was not that I knew the song, or that damien Rice was being featured on prime time television. It was the fact that a couple of episodes ago, they played another song by Damien Rice, called Grey Room. Only that time there was no little infomercial about the album at the end of the show and there was this evening. I want to know how much iTunes paid to get these songs featured in these episodes or did the producers have to play for the rights to play the Damien Rice songs? Why would they use two songs from the same album? I have never seen/heard that before.

kari.

No comments: