Sunday, February 18, 2007

Drop a packet

Last week, actually last wednesday night the entire architecture lab's online and data connections went down. It made me remember out discussion in class that wednesday. Within minutes, I was bombarded with questions on whether the online server would be back up. I was doing homework at the time, and needed online access to complete it. That roughtly 40-50 minute period was very odd as business halted to a complete stop, computers were seldom in use, and I couldn't work...at work. The dependency on the internet for purposes such as architecture printing is amazing I found out wednesday night. I was never aware of how the entire building was wired (or wireless) in such a way. In reference to class and kind of as a self inside joke which made me seem more weird that night, I uttered in the silence that someone must have dropped a big packet of information which caused this all to happen. Bad, yes I know. But it was all I could think of as the computer's main function now with the internet gone leaned toward microsoft word and playing with the calculator function.

No comments: