Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Tyra Banks Speaks Out

While I can't honestly say that I support Tyra Banks on each and every one of her crusades, I can support her sentiments regarding the lastest 'controversy'-- and yes, I use the word controversy lightly. The media has recently taken a liking to Ms. Banks, resulting in a large amount of exposure.

While I'm tempted to give into a rant about the body image created by today's society, I figure I should let Tyra do the talking for me.

(Just a heads-up, Tyra does swear in this clip)



I sympathasize with her, and although she can become a tad irritating, I think she is pushing for a healthier and more relaxed body image in today's society. (Though, on a side note, I find it ironic that she produces/endorses/created a reality show featuring young women boasting BMI's lower than 18.5)

Tyra is using the attention granted to her by the masses (Pun!) in an efficient manner. She's both diverting and converting the negative attention she's receiving into a message about body image.

Good for you, Tyra.

No comments: