Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Star Wars.

I just finished watching Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith. Anakin Skywalker has just become Darth Vader. Awesome, I know. Ok, so I should mention that I am a new Star Wars watcher. I was one of the rare few who had not watched any of the first three put out in the late 70s and early 80s. When the prequels started coming out, I could have cared less. However, there was something about the movies that made me feel like I should see them. I have a list of things to do before I die, and watching all the Star Wars movies made the list. That has to say something. I mean, what is it about these movies that make people feel that it is necessary to see them? Then, last semester, I took a JMC class that spent a majority of the time talking about Star Wars and the impact the movies has on the movie industry and on globalization. I wonder if when George Lucas was making these movies he thought that one day it would be part of college curriculum. It’s pretty impressive. So, now I’m a fan. Ugh. Netflix should get here tomorrow with the last three. Or, the first there, it’s all very confusing.

No comments: