Friday, February 16, 2007

iPods

Last year, I read an article in the UWM Post written by Diego Costa. Based off of a conversation he overheard in the union, he wrote a story criticizing a girl for only wanting the iPod headphones in order to be “fashionable.” Honestly, I think he made up this “overheard conversation” just to make some random point about conformity, but regardless, I remember that random, stupid article to this day.

I never really noticed people wearing headphones around campus, until I got my iPod last weekend. Yes, I finally joined the trend. Now it seems that wherever I walk at school I notice the white cords dangling from people’s earlobes. If I see black cords or blue cords I feel a sense of superiority because of the fact that mine are white…mine are the “real thing”!?

Maybe this stems from Apple’s emphasis on the almighty white cord against the black silhouette in all of it’s advertising, or the fact that so much of their company is based off of image creation in general….or maybe I just want to feel that I’m better than everyone else (hopefully, it’s not the latter)!?!?!

Totally off subject... I came across these videos of a crazy cooking show... I don't know if it is wildly inappropriate/offensive or not, but it's pretty funny.






No comments: