Thursday, February 08, 2007

Aqua Teen

To be honest I have never seen Aqua Teen and really do not know much about it. However, after talking about it the past two classes, I found that the controversy caused by the electronic devices placed in Boston was very interesting. Then, I found an article about it on MSNCB.com which stated that Aqua Teens ratings barely increased after this guerrilla advertising stunt. This is kind of funny to me. I mean the guys that did this are facing possible jail time, Turner Broadcasting and their advertising agency are paying $2 million to compensate for the controversy and it did not even help the show or the Turner at all. It leaves me thinking are the risks of guerrilla advertising worth it? Does guerrilla advertising really work? OR... Is it that this form of guerrilla advertising was just too risky and because of that people got so upset that it actually turned them away from the show? I don't know what the right answer to this is and I am not sure that anyone could know but its interesting to me as an advertising major to think about. Does anyone else have any feelings on these questions? Who knows maybe the shows ratings will increase next week.

Holly

P.S. I'm not sure if the MSNCB.com link worked so here it is just in case....
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17049321/

No comments: