Sunday, February 25, 2007

Kodak Winds of Change Video

I heard about this Kodak Winds of Change video through my mom. And yes... that is weird that my mom knows just as much about YouTube as I do (which is not much trust me).

Kodak Winds of Change

Anyways, I found this to be very interesting because the video started out as a commercial produced for internal use at Kodak only. Then, like we talked in class the other day, people that worked at Kodak started emailing it to their friends and family and they emailed it to their friends and family and it just kept spreading. And now is actually turning into a great advertising piece for Kodak.

Being in advertising this is interesting to me. I think that a lot of times the things that are said in this video want to be said in television commercials however companies are to scared to say things like this. It is also funny to be that Kodak spends million of dollars on outside advertisements and what turn out to have the most effect is an advertisement that was not designed to be an ad. Its a perfect example how traditional advertising is not always the most effective form.

No comments: