Sunday, February 11, 2007

MP3 Players & Technology in general

So, last April I bought my boyfriend a MP3 player for his birthday. One month later it broke and after hours on the phone dealing with customer service…I had to send it back to them. They then serviced it and sent it back to me months later. Since then he has had problems with it at least one a month and we have both been on the phone with the customer service people off and on. Now, the MP3 play is completely broken again and won’t even play any music at all. To me this is so frustrating. I mean a $300 dollar MP3 player should actually work and not be broken every month…shouldn't it?

This leads me to think about technology in general. It seems like in today’s society technology is designed to last very short term and then it breaks. This just does not make any sense to me. If I spend hundreds of dollars on something I want to be able to use it more then a few months or at tops a few years. Has anyone else had problems like this or is it just me with the bad technology luck?

No comments: