Friday, February 02, 2007

media

I have gotten so out of touch, cause I don't watch any of these shows really!!! The only shows I really watch on a regular basis are Adult Swim on Cartoon Network and House. (Best show ever!!!) Although when I see the third season of Entourage on DVD, I'm definitely there!!!Also, I recently saw the movie Pan's Labyrinth and met one of the stars-Doug Jones-at the Oriental. Yeah, I believe that paying to see a movie to get into that theater is worth it!!! The movie was really cool and creative, although if you don't like subtitles, you'd better not see it. The Oriental has its own unique look (an asset that is steadily disappearing) shows movies that you don't usually see in the mainstream theaters, ones that are more experimental and different. Some of those films are pretentious crap, but there are some good ones. Also, I was introduced to the show pure pwnage by my boyfriend, and even though it's about gamers in Canada, it's surprisingly good!!! I'll try and post one of my favorite episodes, it's very easily seen on the web, you just go to google video and type in the name of the show.
I admit that one of the reasons I don't watch the shows like Laguna Beach and the other reality shows is that they're addictive!!! Generally I find myself being sucked in, even if I don't want to be. There just a fascination with watching some of these people going through struggles that are usually anything but realistic, or watching some people live a fantasy life that you'd love to have. Definitely an addictive concept.

No comments: