Saturday, February 10, 2007

Prince + silhouette = Media Critics

I must say I saw it coming. As soon as the shadowy figure of prince appeared in a figure most people would at least smile at, I knew the media would jump on it. Yahoo's front page today questions the superbowl performance as the "shadow of scandal." I must admit though, that indeed when I saw this I was a little surprised. I found it funny to read farther that critics of the media commented that we are lucky to only have experienced such superbowl controversy of a shadow versus other incidents such as Janet Jackson three years ago. I suppose I do agree with them, and this will probably be the only time. But what can't be considered sexual? This is where I think the media should just leave this topic alone, because you take any item today and someone will probably find a way to make a sexual term or action from it. My question is, would anyone really notice or care in the future, if the media did not exploit these facts? That, is probably the hardest question for me to think about.

No comments: