Sunday, February 25, 2007

I found a video on youtube.com the other day. It’s actually a guy, Luke Johnson, doing an experiment using youtube.com. He put his actual cell phone number on the internet and asked people to call him, all hours of the day or night. He asked whoever saw this to pass it on to their friends or put it on their websites. This is a great example of an average person becoming famous from simply putting a video on the internet. After he put this up on youtube.com his phone started ringing off the hook, from all over the world. It got around so quickly that it wasn’t long before everyone had heard of it. He’s been featured on local news channels and even CNN got a piece of the action.

I first saw this about two weeks ago, and yes, I tried calling. And I tried calling. And I tried calling. It was always busy. I figured it would be, but I had to try. I was too curious not to. I even tried again today, figuring the commotion may have died down a bit, but I still didn’t get to talk to “the Luke Johnson”. I was sad, but I will get over it somehow. :)

I think it’s pretty cool what he did, but would I ever do it? No, absolutely not. But, it definitely shows how easy it is for an “average Joe” now days to get their faces out there and to get people all over the world to call you if that’s what you’re interested in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkXH7hBbDI0

I STILL can't get the video to post so you guys can click on the link above to see it....if you want.

No comments: