Friday, March 28, 2008

Wonders of the internet....

I was bummin on the internet today and found the most random, off topic thing of all history... http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0308/506664.html Go there and enjoy. I personally laughed pretty hard just by reading the title. Very off topic, but it reminds of just how diverse and random the internet is. Countless times have I found something on the internet that just amazed me. Whether it be disgusting, funny, crazy, etc... it was on the internet. There really isn't much you can't find if you actually look for it. Even for something like this article I posted above, chances are that it wouldn't be on a local television channel in Wisconsin.

The internet really does a great job of bringing together many things that occur throughout the world. Even "the wire" of a news station is an internet subscription that picks up feeds from across the globe. Personally, I think it can only get better. The technology that is comming out has a ton of potential to increase the internet experience for users. Video was very hard to find on the internet a couple years ago. Streaming video was unheard of. With high speed internet, downloads seem almost instant. The world would go into a state of panic if we all had to go back to dial up connections. Things like Youtube.com would never be possible. I really have a great appreciation with the internet and all of it's uses... well everything except the "To Catch a Predator" type crap. That I would consider the dark side.

I think the best part of the internet is it's randomness and diversity. The fact that it is made up by a lot of users makes the whole thing more enjoyable for everyone. For this reason, I usually spend my time on the internet and not sitting infront of my television watching shows that I care little about. The internet is an amazing thing..god bless the internet...

No comments: