Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Twilight to TV?

Ok, I get that teenage girls (and not so teenage girls...including my 27-year-old sister) think this vampire character, Robert Pattinson is a good lookin fellow. The Twilight books have been a smash hit for a while now, basically becoming a Harry Potter-style replacement as the books appeal to roughly the same crowd, except carry more emotion.

The movies were so successful they garnered spinoff shows like True Blood and the Vampire Diaries. Do I get the obsession with the mysterious blood sucking type? No, but whatever. To each their own.

But then I came across this. Basically, Twilight might become a TV show, highlighted by Pattinson being the main character. Talk about milking a cow until it's dry. I'm sure females under the age of 35 will tune in for a while, but would it really survive, especially at the price of hiring the Brit to $1.5 million per episode. Call me crazy, but that sounds like a failure waiting to happen.

No comments: