Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Back to Frasier and Everybody Loves Raymond, Please!

So for the last 2 weeks I have watched FOX's new show, Back To You, and I found it to be one of those shows that I am not the biggest fan of, but feel compelled to watch it. I know, it makes no sense.

I was a frequent view of Frasier and Everybody Loves Raymond a few years back, so I think tuning in to Back To You has something to do with the fact that Kelsey Grammer and Patricia Heaton are in it. I did not realize how typecast these two actors were until their new show debuted. They are both fabulous actors, but it is hard to see Grammer's character so, um, un-Frasier like. Heaton's character is different from Debra but there are some similarities. And I just realized now that I do not know either character's names on Back To You! My bad. See, I must have been so consumed with trying NOT to see these actors as their previous characters that I really know squat about the show itself.

Here's a little clip of Grammer's character ripping another reporter on air which prompted his being fired and moving back to the station where Heaton's character is.
Frasier, why are you so mean?

No comments: