Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Irony

Originally, I went to Youtube to get a version of the FCC song from Family Guy. Anyone who is familiar with Family Guy knows that the creators of the show love to parody everything. Well, they made a little montage to a pretty clever song about the FCC and how it exercises constraint over media content.

I couldn't figure out why I was unable to view the video until I paused and read the print at the top of the page: "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation"

So I decided to put a different version on- skip past the first 13 seconds if you'd like. You can listen to the original lyrics but they're set to different visuals. It's very fitting however that after we discuss copyright laws I come across something like this WHILE trying to provide an example of the FCC and its views.



While searching I also came across this video, which is to the same tune. However it jokes around about TV's content from a creative standpoint- or lack thereof. Pretty interesting! Another blatant way for Fox to advertise its own shows at the 2007 Emmys...

No comments: