Sunday, October 14, 2007

Choose Life

I have recently come to the conclusion that billboards are the most ridiculous form of media that I can personally think of. I drive a lot. I am originally from Wausau, which is about 3 hours away (depending). I also drive to Oshkosh frequently. So I guess my point is that I spend a decent amount of time on the road, and I get bored driving so far all the time. So I have been paying attention to the billboards lately, I am an advertising major. The majority of them are dumb. people don't pay much attention to them and they usually don't say much. But one in particular caught my eye, an anti-abortion billboard! When a woman becomes pregnant she knows her options. As difficult as those options are, a billboard of all things is NOT going to change or even help her make up her mind!!! that being the most specific example, is not the only reason i dislike billboards. i just feel like they persuade me in no way and they are more of a distraction than anything. I've actually caught myself looking at billboards instead of the road! So they are potentially dangerous too. I just don't think that we should have billboards clogging up our scenery.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Madelyn-

Are you talking about the billboards on HWY 41? I used to go to school at UWO and I would get so annoyed by those billboards!