Saturday, November 03, 2007

Chef's Story

I just thought I'd drop a note about a new show that has caught my attention. I'm the type of person who likes to watch cooking shows when I'm feeling hungry and there's no food around. I've watched the food network for a few years now, but I was without cable recently, and was suprised by the amount of good cooking shows on PBS. I work in a kitchen, so cooking is an interesting topic for me, but I think others enjoy cooking shows as well.
The best show on PBS is one called A Chef's Story. It opens with an interview with a famous chef at the French Culinary Institute in New York City. The interview is about fifteen minutes longs. You learn about the chef's history and some of their thoughts on what it is to be a professional chef. In the second half of the show, the chef demonstrates one of their favorite or signature dishes. Some of the episodes I've caught showcased Bobby Flay, Anthony Bourdain, and Cat Cora. If you're a foodie, or like to eat, you should check out the show.

No comments: