Monday, November 12, 2007

I have written a lot about TV on here, so it's time for a change of pace...I recently saw the Milwaukee Rep's production of Doubt and it was, without a doubt (no pun intended) the best Rep play I have ever seen. There wasn't anything fancy about the play; the set was very simple and it consisted of only 4 actors, but it was just amazing! The play is set at a Catholic school in the Bronx during 1964 and the characters accents were so real and believeable. At times it almost felt as if I were watching a movie. The play was only an hour and a half long (no intermission), but the acting, comedy, drama, everything was so captivating that time just flew by.

Milwaukee has a really amazing theatre scene which I don't think a lot of people realize, so if you are looking to experience a great bit of Milwaukee theatre, I would highly recommend Doubt at the Rep. I certainly doubt you'd have a rotten time.

No comments: