Friday, November 23, 2007

Whole Lotta Led

Hope everyone's holiday was enjoyable! I unfortunately had to work, but I still made it home just in time for turkey!! :) (almost got a speeding ticket in the process!!)

Wednesday evening I attended a Led Zeppelin Tribute band called No Quarters, the show was at BBC's on North. The opening band was a Guns n' Roses tribute band....which I wasn't too into, I'm not really a guns n' roses fan.

Of the four members I was familiar with two of the guys from previous bands, Boxkar (they are no longer together), the Cocksmiths, and Willy Porter-who sometimes plays with a band. Dave Schoepke (Drummer) and Joey Carini (Guitarist) played in Boxkar and currently play in The Cocksmiths together. Both are phenomenal at what they do, that's why I knew this tribute band was going to be good. The vocals were awesome!!! No Quarters (also a song by Led Zeppelin) only meets once a year to play and it is around this time every year!! I never made it to the show last year, but I was definately impressed!!!!!! Communication Breakdown was one of my favorites!!! :) Although I wish they would have played Gallows Pole.....

********

Actually Led Zeppelin is getting together to play one last show. This reunion is taking place in London on December 10. Actually when tickets went onsale the site crashed within minutes because fans were trying to get one out of 18,000 tickets. Fans were limited to two tickets. I wish I could go to the show but unfortunately it is sold out and there really would be no way for me to afford that.......so No Quarters will do!!!

No comments: