Friday, November 23, 2007

Close Calls


If you missed the last episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, it safe to say one of the main characters almost died. The show used to be a favorite of mine, but I had to stop watching it. Sitting through those long USA marathons always left me convinced everyone was either a pedophile or rapist (or both) and it would only be a matter of time until I too would become a victim. I catch the SVU previews on NBC, and it seems Detectives Elliot Stabler and Olivia Benson are having some tough luck these last few weeks. As I mentioned, I have not actually watched the episodes, but from the previews I’ve seen, Olivia was stabbed by a serial killer, Elliot was shot and temporarily blinded, and now Olivia has been involved in a car crash and is bleeding and unconscious. Yikes, with all these close calls who’s out busting the ”perps”? These weekly brushes with death have turned into cheap thrills and are getting a little old. I may have to keep not watching the show.

No comments: