Saturday, November 24, 2007

I was just reading a book for another class andI realized that Legally Blonde is a take off of Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. I realize I've already written about remakes of old stories, but now I have a new question. So, Capra was known as a populsit moviemaker. He made the movie Mr. Smith Goes ot Washington. Is it true that the producer of Legally Blonde used Capra's story or is it more accurate to say that the people who made Legally Blonde follow the same 'every man' outlook and style that Capra used? Could it be that some remakes are not so much stealing or borrowing a story, but rather, following the idea of a classic film maker. In art there are schools of thought where artists basically borrow ideas from their colleagues. Couldn't that be the case in film making? Maybe it's just easier for me to classify people into tracks of thought rather than trying to remember who borrowed what story and from whom...

No comments: