Friday, November 16, 2007

My Television Must Be Lonely


Whenever I get near a technological appliance, it breaks. So, Obviously I try to avoid any unnecessary contact with gadgets. I think the fact that I even refer to them as “gadgets” makes my point. I do, however, watch a lot of TV, but have never gotten fancy (or gutsy) enough to attempt to watch shows on anything other than a television set.
However, I just bough a new iPod that can play videos (yes, I know iPods have been able to do this for some time now, but again…tech savvy I am not). I was feeling daring one afternoon and downloaded Hitchcock’s To Catch a Thief. This was a huge success despite the literally small inconvenience of holding the iPod in front of my face to watch the classic film on its two inch screen. The experience did give me the confidence to download other things, such as music videos and television shows. I have since been watching television shows on the internet, and have found ABC.com to be the easiest website. So much so, I have even strayed from some of my NBC favorites. I’ve been enjoying the convenience of watching television’s content on alternative screens, as well as feeling a bit more technologically inclined for it. I will inevitably break my iPod, computer, and TV, and will have to just read I suppose.

No comments: