Friday, February 01, 2008

Attention Heroes Fans

Since getting the first season of the NBC show Heroes on DVD for Christmas, I've become absolutely obsessed with the show.  There aren't too many shows that I would make a point of watching every week but this has definitely  become on of them.  Sadly, the writers strike has put a damper on that because, well, there aren't any new shows to watch.  A few episodes from season 2 can be watched on NBC.com, but that just isn't good enough for me.  Sad.  

But the other day I discovered something AMAZING on Youtube (well, amazing to me or other Heroes buffs at least).  I found the personal Youtube page of Adrian Pasdar, the actor who plays Nathan Petrelli, along with 36 personal home videos he made of himself and the other cast while they were filming and traveling the world to promote the show!  Most clips are between 30 secs to 2 mins and edited in a really artsy/hipster way with music and different effects.  

Click Here to see his full page.

I think its really cool that he would share that part of his life with his fans.  In a way, I think its a lot more entertaining for fans than DVD bonus features/exclusives because the content isn't being controlled or selected by a corporation (NBC/GE).  It's a behind the scenes look that isn't necessarily being used to promote the show, NBC, etc.  It's just, as he says at the top of his profile, "Random snapshot of the way I see the world."

Does anyone know about any other personal video diaries from actors/hollywood types  like this on Youtube?  

No comments: