Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Man Crush on Obama

I think we could all agree that the Democratic primaries between Obama and Clinton are both the most exciting and unique that we have ever seen. People who don't even care about politics are interested and find themselves turning on the debates. One person I have never seen so excited about a political candidate before is my brother. My brother has a man crush on Barack Obama.
My brother is always trying to convert Clinton supporters, and starts to get really serious about it in a way that I would not want to argue! He didn't really need to convince me because I do agree with a lot of what Obama stands for. But my brother and many others have created something I have never seen. An actual extreme fan base for a political candidate.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


On Tuesday my brother traveled to Madison to see Obama speak, and then he went to see him in Eau Claire that weekend. I told my friend this and he said "What, does he have a man crush on the guy or something?" I thought this was pretty funny, so I asked my brother the same thing. His response?
"Damn right I do!"
OK, so I should have expected that one from him. But it really got me thinking about how people see Barack Obama compared to how they see other candidates. And since he appeals a great deal to the younger crowd, I kind of realized something. He's more than a politician..he's a celebrity! It makes me wonder what would happen if Clinton did beat him, or McCain for that matter. What then? Movies? Only kidding...I think we can take him more seriously than that. But I do think he is the only politician I've ever seen dance...and he's not half bad!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: