Saturday, February 16, 2008

The second coming... of the democratic party



When I saw this picture of Barack Obama on the cover of the Shepherd Express, my first thought was "why are they trying to make Barack Obama look like Jesus??"
Come on, intentional or not, this picture of Obama makes him look like a religious figure in a traditional way images of Jesus Christ has been represented in his resurrection: pure white robes, head in the heavens, followers behind him. (I got this image off of a Mormon website).

Now, I'm definitely NOT saying that I'm against Barack Obama (or Jesus Christ); I think he is very likable and could very well make a great president.  I just hate propaganda.  And with Barack Obama comes A LOT of propaganda.  I found THIS video on youtube of celebrities singing one of his speeches like a piece of gospel music.  

Could Barack Obama change America if he becomes president? Sure.  But is it right to say (directly or indirectly with images and songs like this)  that he is going to SAVE it?  If people keep this stuff up, and Obama does get elected, he is going to have one hell of a time living up to peoples expectations.  

No comments: