Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Heidi...Forget it!

Ok so yea a lot of people will admit that one of their guilty pleasures is MTV's The Hills...and I won't deny that I watch. I've been watching the Hills since it spun off from Laguna Beach...ok I watched Laguna Beach too! But here's what I don't get: how has Heidi Montag become a celebrity from all this? She's like the antagonist of the show! 
Admittedly I did not like Heidi even when she did live with Lauren, she had horrible taste in men and was really transparent. I remember the first episode she dropped out of school and got a job with a company I would DIE to work for, all because she was on MTV. Sure Lauren got her awesome job at Teen Vogue for the same reasons, but at least she stayed in school! Then Heidi moves out on Lauren for her veiny headed spaz-o boyfriend Spencer and what happens?
Speidi! I cringe every time I hear it. How are they actually getting media attention, do people actually really like them? So when I heard Heidi was working on a single I thought "Enough is enough!" When her first music video was released recently, it was so much worse than I could've ever imagined. Her voice? I'd say about 50% of America can sing at least that well- nothing special. But her video? I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. 
So when Joe McHale of The Soup made fun of her video I was so glad at least someone shared my opinion, because I already know what's going to happen: people are going to eat it up. I can only hope I am wrong. 
Watch this and you'll see exactly what I mean:

P.S. My favorite: Dance like you're in Junior High...because that's exactly what she's doing!

No comments: