Friday, February 22, 2008

www.rottenneighbor.com

I was watching TMJ4 10 o'clock news, and there was something that caught my attention. They reported about a website called http://www.rottenneighbor.com/ that provides troublesome neighbors or the way they act around the neighborhood. This website gives most of the nation's neighborhoods which is huge. In that way, people get to know what kind of people live around the areas before they decide to move in. When you go onto the website, it is pretty shocking because you will find your neighbors talking about someone.

However, my question is, How can they run this website legally?
I think it harms individual's image and reputation. Everyone has rights to protect themselves. But when someone finds something bad about themselves online that is open to everyone, I am sure they would feel ashamed. I am also surprised about people actually write about their neighbors. I think if they can write something about their neighbors online, why can't they say it face to face? Why dose it have to posted online? There are always troubles going around our neighborgoods. Can people find a right place to live just by reviewing troublesome neighbors? Everybody is different, and has some kind of troubles. Since everyone has their own opinions, this website cannot be trustworthy because it is based on people's opinion. I do not know what gives this website a right to make any judgment on anyone.

No comments: