Sunday, February 24, 2008

snl + tina fey = : )

I'm so glad that the writers strike is over and my favorite shows can finally get rolling again.  I think the hardest part for me was going so long without my SNL fix.  Alas! Topical comedic sketches have returned to the air and with them have brought my goddess, my hero; the one and only Tina Fey.  Seriously, I just adore her.  

There were many hilarious moments from the show last night.  Mike Huckabee made an appearance and it was probably the most likable I've ever seen him, well, mostly because he was making fun of himself and I think it's great when people don't take themselves too seriously.  The absolute best thing though was that Tina Fey was the guest host and she came back to do a 'Women's News' segment on the Weekend Update.  I needed some smart feminist humor reeeaaaaal bad after residing on TMZ and broadcast news during the excruciatingly long  (yet necessary) strike.  I desperately needed to hear someone stand up for Hillary because I'm getting reaallly tired of the roles the media has given her and Barack lately.  By roles I mean Obama= inspirational and the next President; Clinton= cackling old bitch who can't control her man (okay maybe that's a little too harsh, but come on!)  
The thing is, I don't think that Tina Fey would want women to vote for Hilary just because she is a woman, but I think the point she was making was that Hillary is being treated unfair by the media and the public and it is unfair to label her a bitch and unlikable just because she is a strong woman What woman hasn't been called a bitch at some point in her life just for being strong, independent, and  standing up for herself and her beliefs?  Tina and Hillary are bitches and so am I.  In fact, Tina gave me the mantra I need to get through the next few months: Bitch is the new black.
I need to see more scrutiny over this whole Obama/rockstar complex on SNL and, better yet, more legitimate news organizations because it is getting reeaaallly old.  

 Update: "Bitch is the new black" has already caught on  haha

2 comments:

ehall said...

bitch is the new black??
Please elaborate? I dont see the connection.

michael said...

This should do it: The new black.