Friday, February 22, 2008

ROCK AM RING

To be 100% honest... I'm the biggest sucker for concerts and pretty much anything that has to do with music. While surfing on Youtube.com, I usually end up watching live concert videos of random bands. A good portion of concerts seems to take place at "Rock Am Ring" This place is HUGE!!!! I was amazed at just how big the venue is. Since it is overseas in Germany, I highly doubt that I will ever see it live =( If you know some German, check out the official Rock Am Ring website .



To get a good overview at just how big the place is...check out this youtube link http://youtube.com/watch?v=xgahHFCbQnk You only really need to check out the first 30 seconds or so. If you watched the video, you may have noticed that they have a ton of camera men that professionally film the acts. It is a lot better than watching crappy cell phone videos, thats for sure. I would probably give an apendage to see this place live... The thing that also surprised me was just how good the headliners are. It's really quite amazing to see bands like Metallica, Rage Against the Machine, Linkin Park, Disturbed, Chris Cornell, and a bunch of others, all together at one whole music festival. It reminds me a lot of how Woodstock used to be. To get a better idea of the type of bands, check out that wikipedia link again at the top. Just browse the history section. I just wish they had this in the United States =(

No comments: