Monday, February 25, 2008

TLC show: Jon and Kate: Plus 8

As of late, I have become increasingly more interested with some of the shows on the TLC channel. The show that has recently caught my attention is called Jon and Kate: Plus 8. It features a married couple that had always dreamed about having kids but they couldn't have them on their own. Because they couldn't have the kids that they've always wanted on their own, they turned to fertility drugs. What happened next for them is the basis for the show. They had two sets of multiple children. The first set was 2 twin girls. The second set was sextuplets with 3 boys and 3 girls. So in total they had 8 kids, much more than they bargained for I'm sure.

The show is incredibly interesting because the dad, Jon is a full time IT tech and his wife Kate quit her job in order to stay at home and care for the the kids. As the show airs now, the 2 older girls, the first set of multiples, are 6 years old. The other six kids are each 3 years old. Most of the show is about how the kids interact with each other and their parents and also the nanny that helps Kate out.

The concept of this show is unique because I don't think their has been a show quite like this one. When people watch Jon and Kate: Plus 8, I think they feel sympathy especially for Kate who spends each and every day watching over and caring for 8 children. Most of the show is chaotic because all eight kids have different personalities and different agendas. I know that when I watch this show, I can't even begin to imagine having 8 kids. I probably would want to destroy something if I had to handle the pressures off caring and supporting 8 children. Throughout the course of the show, Kate and Jon explain how the trials and tribulations are worth going through because they have the love of famiy.

All in all, this show is incredibly unique and is fun to watch. I would recommend watching at least one episode.

No comments: