Friday, February 01, 2008

why do we care?!

 

I may be in the minority when I say this, but I rarely ever find it necessary to turn to a tabloid magazine for information about…anything. Whenever I go to a grocery store, gas station or even a Walgreens, I can’t help but be flooded at the counter by covers that scream other peoples’ drama and gossip and that drives me nuts. When I see these, my mind screams “WHY DO WE CARE?!” We dig and dig and dig into celebrities’ lives as if it’s some type of right as the American general public to know. Some people argue that these celebrities ask for paparazzi to be in their face and for there to be stories made out of them every day. 

As we can see celebrities, especially Britney Spears (how could I not mention her in this blog?) make really stupid decisions. But do we need to dig this far into their daily lives and their past just to write a story about a single hotel party they went crazy at? It definitely takes up time that could be used to investigate real stories...

No comments: