Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Cyberbullying! Wow I Can't Believe It

On the second day of class I believe someone brung up cyberbullying. I had never heard of it until that day. When it was discussed I was shocked that this actually happened and to be honest I couldn't believe it. I was thinking in my head yeah right how could someone be bullied over the internet. It just didn't seem possible to me.

Since I am at school during the time the Tyra show airs I just record every episode and watch it on my own time. So since there was no school today I watched the episode about cyberbullying. I actually learned a lot from watching this show. At first I was thinking if these kids are being bullied while on line they are a little to scary because all they have to do is just turn off the computer. Then I heard the story about the girl who thought this boy liked her but it was just her neighbor playing with her emotions. This girl honestly thought she had a friend in this "boy" then one day things changed. The "boy" started saying horrible things to her. Her mother said that within a couple of hours the girl called her crying hysterically and her mother had already told her to get off the computer. So the mom came home they had some words and then the girl went to her room and hung herself in the closet. This ended tragically all because of an adult acting like a kid wanted to "find out if the girl was talking about her daughter". Should this woman have been prosecuted? I think so.

Now I know that anything is possible, even though cyberbullying still has me in disbelief. There are many more children who commited suicide due to cyberbullying.

No comments: