Friday, September 18, 2009

Examiner.com

As I mentioned on the first day of classes, I write for the Bucks for the website Examiner.com.

What is Examiner.com? Well, it's a website that hires everyday people to write about their areas of expertise. The company hires people from most major cities and has them write articles about a particular topic, whether it be a sports team (like me), the city's bars and clubs, the area's mortgages and housing, and even such things as sports cars or gun rights.

The company pays a penny per page hit, and while that may not seem like a lot, some of the nation's best bloggers make hundreds and hundreds of dollars a month. The Oakland Raiders Examiner is among the best in the US, and several boxing/mma Examiners do really well also.

It's a company that is really on the rise, and their ultimate goal is to be the first place people go to for up-to-the-minute news regarding specific topics.

I've had a lot of fun doing this so far, and with the Bucks season starting up shortly, it'll get a lot more interesting. The main reason I started doing this was to help get me in to the JMC program, and I think it really helped. It certainly looks great on resumes if any of you are interested in writing articles (or doing something similar) for a career.

I should also mention that if I refer you to Examiner.com and they hire you on, we both get $50. I referred the Pro Tennis Examiner last spring - they hired him on, and it has worked out great for both of us. If any of you are interested, you can apply directly at examiner.com or CareerBuilder.com always has a listing. When applying, just use referral number 6519 (that's me). They may have openings in certain topics already available, or you can create your own topic to write about.

No comments: