Friday, September 11, 2009

fNl

I'm sure everyone here is familiar with the term "fml." Well, I'd like to introduce you all to what my roommates and I have been calling "fnl" for the past week or so.

I've been a big advocate for the TV show Friday Night Lights since season one. So much so, I go out and buy the seasons on DVD pretty much right when they come out. Neither of my roommates had really gotten into the show and typically made fun of me for trying to "relive my glory days" of highschool football. I wasn't even, so I that can't be the case.

Anyway, they've now become more addicted than I was when it first came out and our TV has had nothing else on it for the about the past week. While seasons on DVD have this effect on many people, both my roommates claim this show has something different about it.

I've been calling this my favorite show on television for some time and am just glad more people are starting to hear about it, after it's almost collapse during the writer's strike last year.

I can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is about it; the character development, the way the whole cast just seems to actually be their character, the soundtrack they use...whatever it is, they just announced at the end of last season that they will indeed be coming back for at least two more. I hope you all check it out at least once. It's worth your time.

No comments: