Thursday, September 10, 2009

TV I miss you!

I am a college student at uwm. I live in an apartment with two of my good friends. Being the college student that i am, I am strapped for cash, I personally would go further into debt for the luxury that cable brings. My roommates are birds of a different color and feel that television is unnecessary in everyday life.

Is not having television and cable a luxury or a disconnect from society? It has been about a month that we have not had cable or any television for that matter. I was an avid news watcher and I love many of the tv shows, late night, and even some of the commercials. I loved wakeing up in the morning and watching the news with breakfast. Since i have not had the access to television i feel a little less stressed weird! I also feel a little disconnected, but not really worried about it. WHy?

We have many other forms of technology that allow me to be in the know of what is going on without being glued to the television set. I read the newspaper more, watch netflix, where we get seasons of our favorite televison shows, and movies, I have been visiting abc news, cnn and other things to explore my news and television deprivation.

All in all I have come to the conclusion that I can handle being without cable or television for that matter. I can handle it, but if I had the money I WOULD GET CABLE!!!!!!!!

No comments: