Monday, September 21, 2009

Kids and Cell Phones

On my way to work last week I was listening to a popular morning radio talk show. The topic of discussion was Kids with Cell Phones. One of the main DJs was talking about how is 7-year-old daughter asked him for a cell phone. His was response: Absolutely not.

My first thought agreed with him. But the more I thought about it, the better the idea sounded. Maybe not at age 7, but definitely in the preteen/teenage years. I changed my mind just about as fast as the times are changing. When I was 11 or 12-years-old I begged to have a phone in my room. At this day and age, not many people have land lines so their version of a phone in their room is a cell phone.

I don't agree with a standard phone for a preteen/teenager, but there are cell phones on the market that function with and store up to 6 numbers and have a limited amount of minutes but function in an emergency even if minutes are gone.

No comments: