Friday, September 25, 2009

Tavis Smiley


If it’s not a Sunday or a Tuesday (my off days from work) one of the only television shows that I consistently make time for is PBS’ Tavis Smiley Show. The show despite being on PBS provides a good blend of information and entertainment. Entertainment guests have an opportunity to express themselves other than the customary plugs for their current projects. Tavis dig a little deeper than normal interviewers, and seldom are any of his guests unprepared to respond intelligently. I usually come away with a little more respect for his guests than I do by watching Leno, Conan, Letterman and other late night talk show hosts when I have time to check those shows out. Some of this weeks guests were Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner, former NFL star Michael Strahan, Congressman Mike Pence and actor David Duchovny. It’s a really well balanced show that I strongly suggest others tune in to watch.

No comments: