Sunday, September 27, 2009

Say what?

As I sit here trying to watch Sunday Night Football, I am getting pretty damn frustrated. As you may or may not know, there's a thunderstorm going on right now. Since my roommates and I are dirt-poor, we don't have cable or a dish and resorted to this new D-TV thing. In general, I'd say it's an alright change from the old-school rabbit-ears-style TV I had when I was a kid. However, since the weather outside is rather frightful, my television is not so delightful.

Every time there is a lightning strike/heavy rain output/gust of wind I can't see a freaking thing of the game I'm trying to watch. I go from the start of the play to the end and am left trying to figure out what happened in between.

I'm not saying DTV is all bad. I love some of the channels we get now that we didn't before (i.e. Cool-TV, qubo, + the Traffic channel). But when the old method left you with those goofy ghosts or double picture instead of choppy picture every time there is inclement weather, the transition has some fine-tuning to do before I think it was worth-while.

No comments: