Friday, September 11, 2009

What's In A Name?

When a holiday arrives most people look forward to the little luxury it brings. Things like having the day off, presents, a huge dinner and so forth. For me, there is one little thing that I always look forward to: The Google Logo.

Now let me give you a little background before you think I'm crazy. About a year ago I was the Vice President of Promotions for the American Marketing Association, UWM's collegiate chapter. Since I was on the executive board I was asked to go to multiple conferences. During our regional conference at Whitewater, we had a presentation with an art executive from Google. One of his main topics was the Google logo and how it changes for each holiday. He described the history, process and selection of the logo. His presentation was so interesting that I can't help but visit the website everytime a holiday arrives.

This brings me to my next point. Recently we visited the date 09/09/09. This is a studied date for theorists and skeptics. Even so, there is no real significance to this date. I happened to visit the site that day and saw the logo was altered. Little digital 9's graced the logo. Now, today I visited the site, 09/11/09...and there was nothing. No graphics, no added special effects, nothing. I guess I just want to know...what's the beef, Google?

No comments: