Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"Black Friday"

As hard as it is to believe...Thanksgiving is all ready here. Personally, my family has a tradition of going up north for the week, getting away, and truly taking in the holiday spirit. Many other families traditions I have come to see include "Black Friday," the infamous day after thanksgiving when all major department stores have massive sales. My family and I have never taken part in this; which got me to thinking... why not? My usual stress on Thanksgiving was in regards to the food baby I would have, but this year, it is in regards to if I am properly prepared for the spending...the crowds...and the determined shoppers.

This is the first year when my mom, my aunt, and I are all preparing to go to the malls to join in with the crowds. Personally, I am not a fan of shopping; I could avoid a mall or major department store for years if I could. It is just funny to me to think of how crazy people go; waking up at 5 am to be there right as the store opens, front of the line, pined against the door. As hesitant as I am, I will be among the many crazed shoppers on Friday, wish me luck!

No comments: