Friday, November 13, 2009

Whatever happened to Thanksgiving?

Is it just me or is the Christmas season getting longer every year. On the channel I was watching the countdown to Christmas starts in a few days. Christmas decorations have been up at stores since before Halloween. I am waiting for radio stations to start playing Christmas songs 24/7. I feel the media is in part responsible for the Christmas moving forward every year. I would like to enjoy my holidays as they come up. It seems to me that Thanksgiving has in a way disappeared because it was overtaken by Christmas. Also, it seems that the same thing is slowly happening to Halloween. I want to go back in time to when life was simpler and holidays had there own specific time frame. Holidays didn’t just get taken over by other holidays and catalogues didn’t start coming out with decorations at least 2 month before the actual holiday.

No comments: