Thursday, November 12, 2009

yes we can

I don't know if everyone has seen this video yet, but it has been around since the election. I just saw it this year, it is a collaborative work based off of one of Obama's candidate speeches. I was think about a topic of copy write law and how this video infringes on it,or not at all. I think this is a great example of sampling or remix culture. They took a form of media, Obama's speech, which i think is media in one of its most simplistic forms. Then a variety of artists came together to remake the speech into a song form, that has been used as a viral advertisement during the election campaign. There is a variety of race, gender and age represented in this video all coming together because they are for a common belief, passion and cause; which makes for a very powerful product. I think that this is the kind of political campaigning and advertising that the nation needs when making difficult decisions such as electing an individual to office. The negative attack ads, in my opinion do the opposite of helping voters make an informed decision, but rather they scare voters into voting for a candidate. I just love this speech and video and wanted everyone to experience it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsV2O4fCgjk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUKINg8DCUo&NR=1 I just thought that you should also see this one.

No comments: