Friday, November 20, 2009

Letters to Santa

I didn't even know that there was a designated place in Alaska that you could actually send letters to Santa. I was in the fitness center this morning when I heard about Santa reading letters in Alaska.

I would have loved to send my letters to an actual address, but I guess the letter business needs some saving. "The group is looking to counter a decision by the U.S. Postal Service to end a program begun in 1954 in the small town of North Pole, where volunteers respond to thousands of letters addressed to "Santa Claus, North Pole" each year," statement from Associated Press (AK volunteers strive to save Santa letter service).
Why would the postal service want to end the program when that helps the sales for a US government operated service. I heard that the US Postal Service is being hit hard by the economy!

No comments: