Friday, November 20, 2009

Mr. Rogers

Ever since we watched Blue's Clues in class, I kept thinking about all the TV shows I wacthed when I was younger. Of course there were shows like Rugrats, Angry Beavers, and Out of the Box. Disney and Nickelodeon were always on in my house. There was one show though that I watched almost everyday that was on PBS. That show was Mr. Rogers.

I recently was flipping through the channels during the afternoon and Mr. Rogers was on. I haven't seen this show since I was younger so I watched a bit of it to remind myself what it was all about.

Watching the show now was obviously a completely different experience than when I was 4 or 5. First of all, I was bored out of my mind. The show was so slow moving and Mr. Rogers said the same thing over and over and over again verrry slooowly. Secondly, Mr. Rogers can NOT sing; he is a terrible off-tune singer. I really don't know why he sings in every show. And thirdly, the puppet characters are really creepy looking. In fact, they're pretty scary. I'm surprised I wasn't afraid of them as a child.


Overall, the show is really different than children's shows that get produced now. It's a mystery to me what could have been appealing about the show to me as a child.

No comments: