Thursday, October 01, 2009

Giggles in Health Care

In the past couple of years I've gained an interest in social medicine and health care. Now, let me make it very clear that I am not a very opinionated person. I hate picking sides because I always feel fairly neutral on most subjects. Then I really started getting into documentaries. One in particular is a documentary by Michael Moore called Sicko. This was one of the first times I was introduced to the idea of social medicine and I didn't take it very lightly.

As any citizen living in the United States, I was a little upset after watching the film. In a nut shell, the documentary taps in on the idea of adopting social medicine in the United States and sheds light on the current issues many Americans face with our health care system today and the happenings in other countries that have already adopted social medicine. I recommend this documentary for anyone who is unfamiliar with the idea of social medicine (but PLEASE know there are strong opposing sides the the debate!)

The reason I'm writing about this is because I just stumbled upon a video posted on Ad Age. This is video is a light hearted approach to the idea of changing the way we do health care in this country. I really wanted to share it with everyone (and it gave me a good laugh in light of the health care situation).

No comments: