Friday, October 30, 2009

Innovation-Imitation-Saturation

After the Twilight, it seems that every media text is imitating the theme. But this is how the business runs. Often times the imitated media text that is created from the original fails and other times (doesn't happen often) they are more successful or just as successful. I know The CW is going to run or is running the Vampire Diaries. The commercials of the preview to that program has bit more of a vampire feel than I thought Twilight did. I am not into the whole vampire theme; I actually think it's kind of silly, but Twilight was more of a love story for me.

I walked into a bookstore a few months ago and all of the books were about vampires. It was insane. I can't imagine all of those books being successful.
Cirque du Freak: The Vampire Assistant, is another new movie that is out right now about vampires. It's different because it seems to have a comical appeal, yet the same genre.



No comments: