Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pandora Radio

Just recently I joined the new fad of Pandora Radio, but to some not such a “new fad”. I was just introduced to the online radio and fell in love. I found myself sitting there exploring and looking up different stations for what seemed like minutes, but was in reality hours.

Pandora Radio was created by Music Genome Project. It both plays music as a radio would, and also recommends. The user can either enter an artist or song title and Pandora responds by playing songs and other artists similar to that. The user then has the option to comment on that selection, allowing Pandora to take note and keep that in mind for future selections. Pandora also encourages the promotion of purchasing the songs or albums through a variety of online retailers. The best part is no commercials! Every few songs there will be a thirty second advertisement from one of Pandora’s sponsors, but compared to the radio we listen to in the car, that is nothing! I have a few friends that also have Pandora Radio on their phones, making listening to music convenient wherever you are!

Although I am new to Pandora I can honestly say I love it! It’s the perfect way to expand your musical horizons!

No comments: